Creating your smiley face pen base is step 3 in the polymer clay smiley face pen gift set tutorial. The video below will show you how to create a very simple pen base using foil and polymer clay. The clay canes and subsequent pens used in this video were created in part 1 and part 2 of this series.
Part 1 – Polymer clay smiley face cane
Part 2 – Covering pens with a polymer clay cane (2 methods)
This base is the very same one I came up with back in high school for my sister’s birthday present
Tools and Supplies listed below the video
(Click HERE to watch this video on YouTube. For Transcript click the CC on the videos to read the captions)
Tools and supplies to follow along:
You can pick these up at your local craft store, or purchase using my amazon affiliate links below. (If you go through my links I earn a small commission at no extra cost to you)
- Premo Sculpey or other polymer clay
- Rolling pin or Pasta machine to condition your clay and create your sheets
- Exacto blade or cutting tool to trim your clay (click here for my rainbow blade tutorial)
- Aluminum Foil for the base
- Baked Smiley Face Pens from the last tutorial
If you make a project following my tutorial be sure to tag me #magicbyleah on instagram so I can see/comment.
Questions on this video/technique?
Let me know by leaving a comment below