Polymer Clay tiny canvas ‘paintings’ is my newest addiction. These tiny pieces are created using JUST polymer clay. This includes all the beautiful background colors and the 3-dimensional ‘painted’ silhouette image.
After hours and hours of experimenting I’ve simplified the technique into a beginner addiction. Here’s the first tutorial below.
Video 2 will follow next week with a more advanced technique.
Tools and supplies listed below the video
(Watch tiny canvas tutorial YouTube. For transcript click the closed captions CC icon at the bottom right of the video)
Tools and supplies to follow along:
You can pick these up at your local craft store, or purchase using my amazon affiliate links below. (If you go through my links I earn a small commission at no extra cost to you)
- Audible for listening to audiobooks while you sculpt
- Rainbow sculpting tools – click for my tutorial
- Premo Sculpey or other polymer clay
- Rolling pin or Pasta machine to condition your clay and create your sheets
- Super Slicer blade to cut clay
- Liquid Sculpey for softening the clay
- Baking Paper
- Oven – I used a dedicated one for clay – the Deni Convection Oven